MASTER BATH REMODEL - RUSTIC MODERN MEDITERRANEAN
Changes are in the works for the master bathroom at Project Square Clay, a large custom home that was originally built in the early 90’s. The architecture of the home is rustic modern mediterranean.
As you'll see from the original floor plan, the master bedroom is abundant in size while the bathroom is relatively small, compact, and awkwardly designed.
- To get the most out of the existing space without adding on, or bumping out
- If possible, work with locations and sizes of existing windows
- Include the following:
- Walk-in shower
- Free standing tub
- Double sinks
- Make-up vanity
- Linen / Storage
EXISTING FLOOR PLAN
FLOOR PLAN OPTIONS
Given the space and window locations, at first glance it might seem like there’s not much that can be done with the space besides giving it an update with new and fresh finish materials, but not so! The space actually has a ton of potential. Take a look at the floor plan options and how the once awkward space is being interpreted in a stylish, efficient and functional way.
THE TAKE AWAY
- Did you notice that in some of the options the window locations stayed as is, while in other floor plans I made some changes. In the cases where changes with window locations were made I still stayed generally within the structural openings already there.
- When incorporating full, existing windows in showers, you can obscure a portion of the glass for privacy. This can be done with existing windows too.
- Take the time to explore the potential of your space with a skilled interior designer that specializes in interior architecture. They will help you get the most out of your space, guaranteed!
Check back soon to see all the design concepts for the finish materials, plumbing and lighting fixtures.